The Sunshine Coast Camera Club is located on the scenic Sunshine Coast of BC. The Sunshine Coast is located approximately 30 kilometers north of Vancouver on the mainland of British Columbia, but due to our rugged terrain and lack of roads, reaching the area requires taking a ferry.
The Sunshine Coast Camera Club began in 2013 as the Shutterbugz Camera Club. We are a small club, seeking new members. We are dedicated to celebrating our lovely environment through photography, to linking with other photographers, both on the Sunshine Coast and elsewhere, and to improving our photographic skills through opportunities for education, sharing, and practice. In 2018 we became a member of the Canadian Association of the Camera Arts, (CAPA).
The Sunshine Coast Camera Club provides a supportive venue for individuals interested in photography to improve their photographic skills.
- Informative presentations
- Field trips/photo walks and outings
- Guest speakers
- Social interactions with other members
- Themed photography assignments to encourage a broadening of interests and skills
- Informal review sessions to allow provide constructive feedback on submitted photos.
- Access to private club Facebook list to share photos and obtain comments/critique outside of club meetings.
- Participation in CAPA competitions.
- Participation in community photography displays.
- Photographer portfolio presentations.
We meet twice a month on the first and third Tuesday evening at a venue in Wilson Creek. At one meeting a month our meeting includes a presentation on a previously announced topic. At alternate meetings we host a themed photo review where we share themed photos for comment/critique.